One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Challenges in the development of high protein concentration formulations.J Pharm Sci. 2004; 93: 1390-1402
- Formulation and manufacturability of biologics.Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2009; 20: 708-714
- High-concentration protein formulations: how high is high?.Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2017; 119: 353-360
- Factors affecting the viscosity in high concentration solutions of different monoclonal antibodies.J Pharm Sci. 2010; 99: 4812-4829
- Viscosity of concentrated therapeutic protein compositions.Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2011; 63: 1107-1117
- The influence of charge distribution on self-association and viscosity behavior of monoclonal antibody solutions.Mol Pharm. 2012; 9: 791-802
- Viscosity behavior of high-concentration protein mixtures.J Pharm Sci. 2012; 101: 1012-1020
- Rheological and syringeability properties of highly concentrated human polyclonal immunoglobulin solutions.Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2010; 76: 351-356
- Long- and short-range electrostatic interactions affect the rheology of highly concentrated antibody solutions.J Pharm Res. 2009; 26: 2607-2618
- Monoclonal antibody self-association, cluster formation, and rheology at high concentrations.J Phys Chem B. 2013; 117: 6373-6384
- Syringe filling of high-concentration monoclonal antibody formulation: slow suck back pump speed prevented filling needle clogging.J Pharm Sci. 2017; 106: 3651-3653
- Filling of high-concentration monoclonal antibody formulations into pre-filled syringes: filling parameter investigation and optimization.PDA J Pharm Sci Technol. 2014; 68: 153-163
- J. Entanglement model of antibody viscosity.J Phys Chem B. 2014; 118: 5044-5049
- Phase behavior of concentrated suspensions of nearly hard colloidal spheres.Nature. 1986; 320: 340-342
- Colloidal glasses.J Phys Condens Matter. 2008; 20: 494202-494207
- Chapter 10, colloidal suspensions.in: Hansen J.P. Levesque D. Zinn-Justin J. Liquids, Freezing and Glass Transition. Elsevier Science & Technology, Amsterdam1991: 763-942
- The effect of Brownian motion on the bulk stress in a suspension of spherical particles.J Fluid Mech. 1977; 83: 97-117
- High shear rheology and anisotropy in concentrated solutions of monoclonal antibodies.J Pharm Sci. 2013; 102: 2538-2549
- Construction, MD simulation, and hydrodynamic validation of an all-atom model of a monoclonal IgG antibody.Biophys J. 2010; 99: 905-913
- Divergence in the low shear viscosity for Brownian hard-sphere dispersions: at random close packing or the glass transition?.J Rheol. 2013; 57: 1555-1567
- Colloidal Dispersions.Cambridge University Press, New York, NY1989: 406-505
- A mechanism for non-Newtonian flow in suspensions of rigid spheres.Trans Soc Rheol. 1959; 3: 137-152
- The viscosity of a concentrated suspension of spherical particles.J Colloid Sci. 1951; 6: 162-170
- Hard quasispherical model for the viscosity of hemoglobin solutions.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1977; 76: 971-976
- Hard quasispherical particle models for the viscosity of solutions of protein mixtures.J Phys Chem B. 2012; 116: 9310-9315
- Concentration and temperature dependence of viscosity in lysozyme aqueous solutions.Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997; 1339: 304-310
- Concentration and temperature dependence of viscosity in lysozyme aqueous solutions.Biophys Chem. 2000; 85: 7-16
- A comparison of the activation energy of viscous flow for hen egg-white lysozyme obtained on the basis of different models of viscosity for glass forming liquids.Curr Top Biophys. 2011; 34: 1-9
Conflict of interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
The research data used in preparation of the manuscript are available in Walter Schwenger (experimental data) and Delphine Attonaty (modeling) internal confidential Sanofi reports.
This article contains supplementary material available from the authors by request or via the Internet at https://doi.org/10.1016/j.xphs.2019.12.001.